Saturday, February 23, 2008

Visitors, Welcome!

We FINALLY closed on our new 6,200 square foot (basement included) house yesterday. My address will not change for the next 50 or 500 years. I'd like to invite all friends local and out of state to visit (Juli? Keri? Neither of you have ever seen Brookfield Zoo, so since I have a membership we'd totally head there first!)

This is our backyard firepit. I'm enjoying envisioning it without snow. It almost works.This will be Maddie's room or the room for anyone who visits since it has it's own bathroom. SA-WEET! Grammas, friends, and out of state people we don't really know but know we'd get along famously with are more than invited!


This is the lifamily room/ kitchen where I will NOT be serving gourmet meals. If you like Mac-n-Cheese, hotdogs, PB &J's, well, C'mon over. Sometimes I cook a really good dinner, but I try to stick with things my kids will eat. We will not eat in the dining room. Too formal for friends! (And Oh God! How I love that Cabinet Space!)
So, now we officially own it. Now the work begins. I'm already overwhelmed, but it's sooo sooo good!
So, I've got my calendar out. Playdates? Bonfires in the snowy pit? Who's coming for dinner???

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

Girl you are going to lose some of your children in your house! It is that huge! I can't wait to visit! Don't visitors get their own wing? Love, Julianne

Crazy Mom said...

Girl, when you come to visit, I'll give the Butler the weekend off and you can have his wing for sure!