Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Jus a Widdle boy, Wight Mom? And Other "Boyisms"

Yesterday I went to the new house to clean. It took me hours to do the Master bedroom, bathroom, sitting room, and closets on Sunday, so I went yesterday to knock out Maddie's room. It's almost all done, except for the second round of carpet cleaning. I put Maddie in my closet in her pack n play so she could take a nap (there's a vent in there so she was toasty). I went and cleaned a little bit in what will be her bathroom/bedroom and decided to check on her because if she woke up crying I'd never hear her (oh, beautiful insulation) and when I got back into her room, Nate was putting all my cleaning supplies (Comet, Soft Scrub, Scrubbing bubbles, etc.) into my Lysol Water. I growled "What are you doing?" To Which he returned a winning grin and said, "Oh Mom, I jus a widdle boy, wight?" and ran away. This will be the child throwing keggers for sure, since he told my mom Saturday night that "Apples are Yucky" and then cuddled up to my dad and said, "mmm, beer is Yummy Opa!" Sheesh.

I told Jenny the apples are yucky story, and she (who has 2 girls and my future son in law Sammy) reminded me of that Disney flick where, Hey, apples are poison. I informed her that if the boys have even seen that movie the "poison apple" thing totally eluded them because, well, there are quicker ways to off someone, like, Cowboy Guns, Light Sabers, knight in shining armour swords, train tracks used as whacking sticks, and the small arsenal of missiles some people mistakenly refer to as "Action Figures". They are currently ramming their Lego truck and Tonka Dump truck into each other by standing on opposite sides of the room and going at each other full speed. It's like Special Ed in my basement some days.

Today Jack cut his lips open at school. And by cut them open, I mean he repeatedly (even after the teacher told him to stop) kept putting the scissors in his mouth and wound up cutting open both his upper and lower lip. Apparently it was a pretty bloody situation. I told the teacher at pick up I hope it hurt. What is the deal with these kids? It's like my family is turning into a little Freakshow 3 Ring Circus Somedays!!! (I jest, I do LOVE them, but there are limits to when I can turn a blind eye to what is going on, for real!)

I'm of course a paranoid freak because I've been catching Madilynn W-Sitting lately. W-Sitting is when a kid sits on their butts with their knees in front of them and their feet behind, or out to the sides. I asked Jen to take a look at her (She IS an Occupational Therapist at my clinic for crying out loud) and I think she may have glanced over her coffee cup with her eyes half open and said, "She's fine. Trust me." I know, some kids just do it. I know. But as a Therapist I look at it and cringe to think that I'm already going to be blamed for their psycho therapy as adults, I refuse to be blamed for their geriatric hip and knee problems after I'm long gone and scattered over something beautiful. So there that is.

There has been a rash of pregnancies and births happening. Congrats to Lorraine from church on the birth of Cora, and John's cousin's new daughter Kylie. Both beautiful, and healthy I'm sure. It puts into perspective, or lightens the heart a little after Grandpa's passing and the tragedy and NIU. I'm happy for all the preggo's, but super glad I'll never be in that boat again. Ready to start a whole new world of "Firsts" like, first ER visit for a sports related injury, First Ballet recital, first biting of the dust due to trying to emulate Evel Knevel, First time my kids and I enjoy the same radio station (I promise to be the hip mom, I swear!!!), and of course our first sets of stitches and broken bones and daddy daughter dances and sleepovers and all that other fun stuff.

And lastly, I wanted to Thank www.weisswomen.blogspot.com for making me laugh. I'm going to paraphrase and plagiarize her comment regarding celebrities when she said, "Unlike some of these people I like to eat every day". I laughed out loud and keep saying that to my self, because contrary to popular belief, I do like to eat every day. And I'm not sure about being friends with the Gosslins. They are a bit organized for me, but with 8 kids you kinda have to be. I think I'd like to be friends with (as far as Celbrity Parenting) probably Jennifer Garner and Ben affleck. Their kid seems normal enough...but only time will tell.

Tomorrow will be another busy day with swimming lessons and more house cleaning. Hopefully we'll be moved in by April sometime, right?

Happy snow day everyone!

No comments: