Thursday, February 28, 2008

So Many Things Wrong, Where Do I begin?

John announced yesterday that he's going to be painting his "den" Cubbie Blue.

First of all, the word "Den" has been used twice recently. Once when my mother decided that my dad is going to make one in their house, and now my husband is using it. It's too Mike Brady for me. Remember when Greg turned the "den" into his "GAROOVY" little Pot pad? No thanks. Den is an icky word, like "moist", or "secretion", or "weiner". Ew. Ick.

So, Our new "den" or OFFICE as a normal person would refer to it, is currently an icky brown and not painted well at all. John said yesterday (quote) "I think I'm going to paint it Cubbie Blue". He was serious so I decided to clean the wax out of my ears and ask him to reiterate: "What, exactly, was that you said, DEAR?"

"Well, What's better than Cubbie Blue? It's nice and Calming for when I'm working from home."

Oh, well, then I guess that on the westerly facing wall we'll paint a gigantor red "C" so everyone will know who you're rootin' for. Good thing it's the first room people will see when they walk in the house. And really, you have a 2,000 square foot basement you can do whatever you want to. Why ruin my pretty house with "Cubbie Blue" Walls?

Men are works in progress. We take the mold we're given, and well, we fix it. After 14 years I thought I'd gotten a good chunk polished. Apparently there are a few nicks to be buffed, but we'll keep working on it.

Cubbie Blue. For crying out loud.

I. Am. So. Alone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK girl - I have to agree with you on the "Cubbie Blue" room.....you definitely have to put a stop to that. Sorry, John.

The "den" thing cracked me up, Jen. I totally remember the Greg Brady episode where he turned the den into his groovy bachelor pad. Of course, I only saw it on reruns....I'm not really that old!

Finally, I've gotta say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the word wiener! It's a personal favorite of mine along with boner. This comment should confirm John's theory that I like to talk about the male anatomy. Whateva! C.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's wrong with a little "groovy" for the kiddo :) and by the way....I have a list of words that may not be used in my house because they make me dry heave and moist is at the top!!! (along with crevice, penetrate and carcas) ewwww.

Maybe the brushing made Brody sleep better? :) It's like a light bulb went off in his little pea shaped head.....hooray!