Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thank Goodness for those Creative Moms and other Joys of Thrift Shopping

Today was Jack's Valentine's day party at school and I was the mommy in charge. Which really means I organized the little groups the kids went into (after having our parent meeting a week ago), read the story, and helped clean up. Thank goodness for all the creative moms who came up with games to play and cool prizes.

One mom tie-dyed pillowcases and brought in Valentine's stencils and fabric markers for the kids to decorate a valentine's pillow. It was SO cool, never something I'd have ever thought of, and nothing I could have ever done. All the kids had a great time working on them though. This same mom also organized a "fill the bucket with candy hearts" game, where you relay race to fill a bowl at the other end of the room with candy. I sorta just supervised and made sure Nate and Mads didn't wreck havoc on the classroom.

Another mom has started a bow making business and donated these darling little bows for the girls to wear and gave me one for Maddie. Maybe my little muppet will have enough hair to wear one someday. I hope.

It was fun, and before I took the little ones to the party, I hit up Ace and got a free Pottery Barn Color fan that will help deciding colors to match my $30 Pottery Barn Curtains. Sweet deal, thank you clearance racks.

I also took the little ones to the Thrift store, and I didn't find much, but I couldn't really look with them running around like beasts. However, the lady in the store ripped off tags from 2 little Beanie babies and sent the kids home with them. It was definitely a Random Act of Kindness that was appreciated. I will have to go back to the Thrift shop and look for some pants for Jack. I also saw some really cute Cloche style hats (that I LOVE) that I wanted too....

Now it's snowing, and we're homebound all day, so I'm going to go scrub the floor and pack. You never know when someone will come by to see the house. (Are your fingers still crossed for us on that one, my friends??)

No comments: