Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our New Friday Ritual


Is to put the kids to bed, open a bottle of wine and watch Bear Grylls on Man vs. Wild on Discovery channel bit the heads off snakes, Macgyver himself a bamboo raft down some Rapids, jump Ice floe to Ice floe, crawl inside a rotting deer carcass for warmth and jump feet first into a cesspool full of bloated animal guts, AND spear fish an Alaskan Salmon, and bite into it's belly for a delicious mid-day snack.
Next time I'm stranded in the Gobi Desert I'm sure I'll make it out alive, thanks to Bear. You should all check it out, even my dad is hooked (although he preferes Survivor Man because apparently he' s more realistic since he'll eat a live snake and then puke or something gross like that).
Could you survive in the wild? Would you even want to try? And, how do people get into situations that require them to think, "Hmmm... I TOTALLY saw this on Man Vs. Wild. All I have to do is drink my own urine and I'll be just fine!"

No comments: