Thursday, February 14, 2008

Crazy People, Crazy World, Thanks to God My Bro is okay



You can read all the sordid details here regarding the shooting today at Northern Illinois University. http://www.niu.edu/index.shtml

I wish I could go on about how scary school shooting are these days, but I can't. I am emotionally exhausted.

My brother was on campus during the time of the shooting. He is a TA, and a grad student at NIU. He was in a building across campus, but until the gunman was found dead, it was a bit of a rollercoaster. I was the first actual person he could talk to to let know he was okay. He is okay. That's all I need to know.

Currently, he is staying the hell away from campus for awhile and spending time with his girlfriend in Rockford. He is 30 minutes from me and I'm okay with that, even though I told him to get his ass over here and he declined saying he needed to see Anna for Valentine's day. I don't give a scrap about V-Day, I just wanted to have him in my living room watching ESPN and telling bad jokes. But he's away from campus, and since my dad says I'm not as cute as Anna, I guess I'll let Rich's little transgression slide.

I Pray for the families of victims. I selfishly Thank God I am not one of them.

No comments: