Friday, February 15, 2008

Nightmares, Coping, and Some Apologies

This is the black ribbon symbol Northern is asking anyone with a personal web space to use to honor and remember the victims. I didn't sleep very well last night, talked to Bro about 18 times, and promptly called him as soon as I woke up. He didn't wake up until 11:15 because he didn't sleep well either. He kept having nightmares...it could've been him.

Anyway, today I'm exhausted, but in a much better frame of mind. I was such a horrible mother yesterday...Here kids, here's your movie, enjoy! John was at the hospital visiting Grandpa and I was fielding calls regarding not only grandpa, but my brother is well. (For those of you who don't know, John's Grandfather's long battle with alzheimer's is quickly coming to an end. Within the next several hours.) It was a very emotionally charged Valentine's day, and I still even got roses and a Dumbo card from Nate (awwwww!).

To cope I went shopping for the boys to all have something appropriate to wear to the wake and funeral. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find size 5 slim pants?

So, to anyone who got a weird random e-mail from me, Sorry. To anyone who got a weird Blog comment (Juli? Domestic Goddess?) Sorry. And Jen, who had to take my frantic "Oh my god, turn on the news my brother is there" phone call. Sorry. And Karin and Ralph whom I kept calling for odd little things at odd little times. Sorry. I think I was on emotional overdrive.

Tomorrow I plan on working out before work. That should help a bit too.

For now, all is quiet here, but that will change in the very near future. Thanks everyone for your love and understanding and support.
J-

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

I am so sorry that so much tragedy has hit so close to home. It really does shake you to the core. When we had that mall shooting right before Christmas out here I felt that way. It could have been me. It was people who were loved by people. The selfishness and pain that one person can inflict is endless. And so horrible. I am sorry to hear about Jon's Grandfather having alzheimers. It is such a horrible disease. We are thinking of you and your family. Lot's of Love from the Big O, Julianne