Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow Day + Classic Nate Move = Lot's of Toon Disney time

We have been slated to get about 14 inches of snow. If we have any less than that I'd be amazed.

Since John was in the city today, it fell upon my shoulders to be constantly clearing the driveway. It's great that we have the hand me down snowblower. It came in handy today. I did our driveway, my next door neighbors,(who is an octogenarian with a wife who has terminal lung cancer) and the people across the street. They're a lovely young couple (just like us) with a 2 year old, and she is pregnant(NOT just like us). Her hubby was obviously not home, and if their driveway wasn't cleared, he would've never made it in, so I took care of them today too. NOT a big deal.

However, the first clearing was great. Mads was napping, so the boys came out to play. It was 30 degrees warm and they had a little fun. The second clearing, Nate was napping, so I put Jack in charge of Mads and went out for a little while to do the 3 driveways. Since the plows had started coming around by then, I had to do the ends of the driveways by hand, and I am already damn sore all over for it.

The third clearing...I took all 3 out with me. Maddie lost her gloves midway thru and didn't like it too much. Her poor little fingers got all red and angry looking. I discovered that I had lost Nate. I called and called his name, no answer. Finally, I saw the door to the house from the garage open and I shuffled Maddie back home (I was across the street). Nathan had gotten himself in, taken off all his snow gear (which is usually a hugely traumatizing experience) and sat his happy butt on the couch, thumb in mouth, T.V. on. He didn't even care.

That is classic Nate. My little couch Tater. SAAWEEET!!!

No comments: