Saturday, March 29, 2008

Home is....

First of all, my mom rocks. She has pretty much done all the dirty work. Secondly, my sister, Kim, and Chris and Greg rock too. They've all helped in one way or another.

We are officially in the new house. The old house is bare, save for some sand pails in the garage. Everyone mentioned has been wonderful in packing us, cleaning us, and getting us from point a to b.

It was sad today, for 3 minutes. I went to the old house and said goodbye. Then I went to the new house and unpacked. Or rather, my mom unpacked and I just did what she said. I think she and my sister feel bad for me and my ADD and lack of organizational skills.

But, at 6:30 the kids came home from Gramma and Granpa's (thanks for THAT too!) and we had baths and food and Easter chocolate. Then Jack and Nate started fighting, and I knew I was home.

Then I realized that although all our early memories may be imbeded in the walls of our old home, home really is where the kids are, where mom and sisters and good friends are giving their all, and where you hope to create more memories, more fun, more hope, and where love and laughter reside.

John and I spent our first night in the new house alone, and it was odd. Tonight will be better. The 3 biggest pieces of my heart and soul are here, and now, we are all home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Hooray for your new house. It must feel so good to be moved...well at least kind of, until all the boxes are unpacked and everything is it's place. Best of luck with that, wish I was doing that instead of sucking snot out of noses! Cheers!

Weiss Women said...

Congratulations on the big move! I am sure you will love this new place! Can't wait to visit sometime! love, Julianne