Sunday, March 09, 2008

I Don't Know Quite What to Do with The Time

Currently listening to: Cowboy Junkies version of "Powderfinger" and Joe Purdy's "Can't get it Right Today", you know, that song from Kia commercials. It's a good song tho.

Any who.

I've been an insomniac for the past two days. For real, Friday night I saw 3:00 a.m. and finally took a unisom. Didn't work. Last night, same thing, except the time change made everything all jazzed up. When I told my dad, his 'solution' was, "Well, Winston Churchill was an insomniac."

I'm not kidding. That's the first thing he thought of when I said I couldn't sleep. Winston Freaking Churchill. Sometimes, I don't know what to say to the man.

John got the painiting in the boys' rooms done, and our bedroom as well. I have to choose a color for my sitting room. I feel like a snob saying that. My Sitting Room. Maybe I should become a snob. Except I wouldn't be very good at it. That being said, I am really liking orangey colors. Not like "ORANGE" but rusty, earthy orangey tones. Sounds and probably looks a bit 80's. Maybe I'm reliving my childhood??? Anyone have opinions?

John and I got to go on a date today. See, the kids are gone, we accomplished what we wanted to (Thanks Cheryl, you rock. All my china and crystal survived the trip and the unpacking). I packed and moved highly breakables, and I started sorting all the toys and crap these kids have. But, we were at a loss. Should we go out? Should we see a movie? Yes! We went and saw "The Other Boleyn Girl", which was pretty good. John was very seriously (swear to God) the only dude in the theater, and he liked the flick. I read the book and am pretty buff on the History of Royal England, so I filled in the things he didn't know. I know a lot of useless facts about a lot of useless things, but it was fun to get out nonetheless. We couldn't remember the last movie we saw together at the 'big show'. Don't know when it's gonna happen again, either.

I forgot how much I LOVE movies. I have been known to walk out of a theater because I missed the previews and wait an hour and a half for the next movie to start. I love the previews and I have made people sit and watch all the ending credits with me too. I get my 7 bucks worth but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole movie experience. Can't say it enough.

I'm glad the kids are back from Grandma and Grandpa's though. That may have been the source of my insomnia. I don't like it when we're not all where we should be.

I missed 'em. I really really missed them. And THAT is a good thing!

No comments: