Saturday, March 15, 2008

"Whoo Hoo! The Entertainment Has Arrived!"

I got to go to my friend's daughter's first birthday today without the beasts. They had to go to Oma's because Daddy was in Iowa playing poker until 3 a.m. and then doing his baseball draft this morning. Of course I HAD to work, and it was a super busy day. I started new social skills groups today and they are all full. I have 19 kids in 3 classes, and I am busy busy busy. One of my groups is a very active group of kindergarten age boys (7 of them) who were literally bouncing off the sensory walls, so I have to find more activities for them to give them some proprioceptive input.

Anywho, after a VERY long day of treating kids individually and in groups I went to the party. I said hello to all my girlies, and then went to give my home boys kisses hola. When I walked in the room a small roar went out and someone (Ralph?) said, "Whoo Hoo! The Entertainment has arrived!". It's a good feeling to be wanted, and apparently I have a reputation for being able to have a good time. I don't know why.... Hmm....

This also came on the heels of my telling my good OT friend Kelly from Canada (She LOVES Canadian Bacon) that I'm throwing myself another 30th birthday party sometime soon. Apparently, her husband rather enjoys my company, especially when I am performing my best Michael Flatley, drunk dialing close friends' husbands, and expanding his vocabulary.

BK (before Kids) I used to be fun. I made people laugh. I had a good time anywhere and everywhere, and well, now that the kids are getting a little older and I am not attached breast to mouth I can be fun again. Not obnoxious, just fun.

So there it is, my New New Years Resolution that I never made. Have fun, BK, AK, even when the K's are around. And make those around me laugh. It's the least I can do.

Prost Homies. Prost!

No comments: