Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Why My Brother Rocks


For the past three days my bro has been here painting and helping me move things. My basement is almost totally empty, John's closet now has space and the living room is totally empty. I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms today and they look swell too, but this trying to do upkeep on 2 homes and moving everything, etc is really exhausting me. Because I still have to do all the usuall running, grocery shopping, diaper changing, and oh yeah, meal making as well. Too bad John can't take a day off....
Last night Rich and I had a blast as only a brother/sister combo can. We drank a lot of beer and started doing karaoke on the tv (comcast does it on demand, who knew?). He did a VERY impressive rendition of Britney's "I'm a Slave for You." We also talked about some serious stuff, like the shooting at Northern, and he's still having nightmares. I think he slept pretty well here though. Being in a home with a family (and not roommates) is very comforting.
Today on his 'lunch break' he ran to Walmart in his Keeper shirt and the check-out girl asked is he really was a keeper? Well, dearie, if you can look past the fact that he was playing Zelda on Old School Nintendo in between brush strokes, then, yah, he's a keeper.

No comments: