Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What's Cookin' Good Lookin?

Jen and I are planning on doing another round of 30 day meals (www.30daygourmet.com) and we're getting together tomorrow while the big kids are in school in order to plan. We also have to make accomodations for her neighbor who wants to join us, and Sheila, one of the speechies at work. I am so severely looking forward to coffee and mindless gab with my friend, I don't even know how to contain myself. Nate and Katie will wander off and play nicely, since Katie is his boss and will tell him exactly what his place is in this world.

Mads will show a basic interest in Sammy (beautiful, smiley, happy baby Sam) and then hopefully NOT break anymore of Jenny's mom's China.

Jenny and I will sit at her kitchen table, and gossip about work (she's an OT or occupational therapist at the Peds. clinic I work at) and just take sanctuary in how seemingly normal our kids and lives are. And, we will drink LOTS of coffee.

Somehow in all of this, we will plan a 30 day menu of meals for our families, but since we've done this a few times, we've got down pat what needs to go down as far as who buys what, and who brings what to cooking day. This cooking session will be extra fun, I LOVE her neighbor and am slightly jealous as everyone should have neighbors like her (okay, so my parents lucked out too), and Sheila who just brings that extra something to the table.

Maybe I can talk to her about that speech eval for Nate that I've been on the fence about....

No comments: