Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"It Always sounds Like a Zoo Over There!"

My mom usually calls me 3 times a day. My dad at least once. My sister sometimes twice. My brother doesn't call as often as that, but often enough. Every time someone in my family calls I am likely to hear one of two things:
1.) What the HELL is going ON over there?
AND
2.) Why does it always sound like a zoo when we call?

Answers (choose one or all):


1.) I am usually alone for 14 hours a day if not more. I feed (3 meals daily or 21 meals weekly not to mention snacks) , clothe, bathe, run to school, run errands with, clean house, minimize tv watching of, teach reading and phonics to, run to Dr.'s visits, get out of the house for showings, do laundry for, and all the other daily "mom" stuff for 3 children 4 and under DAILY. Usually when someone calls I'm so desperately craving adult interaction and I don't get it because of the above chaos so it sounds like a zoo.

2.) Usually someone is calling during dinner time or some other meal prep time. These kids are VULTURES, and snipers. You'd think they never eat by the whining and screaming you hear when someone calls. As in "FEED ME NOW LADY!"

3.) The boys fight. End of story.

4.) They try to 'roller Derby' and strong arm Maddie. She doesn't like it so she screams.

5.) I turned my back for 2 seconds. Mayhem ensues.

6.) Nate got too close to Maddie. She didn't like it so she screamed.

She screams a lot.

Now Jack is saying he wants a dog for Christmas. Is he CRAZY??? No way. I clean enough poop up on a daily basis, and 3 young uns is enough of a zoo.

So, stop asking. Yes, we're crazy here. But it's good, right?


Yes, it's good because someday the house will be quiet. And then what will we do?

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

We will drink our wine in peace!! Good post! My house sounds like a zoo most of the time too!