Saturday, January 12, 2008

More Sickies

The flu virus (not rotavirus, thank goodness) has now made it's way from Maddie to Jack. He kept complaining about his belly hurting yesterday, so, in a classic "Parent of the Year" Moment I suggested he go to the bathroom, and I went to the basement to look up all the Kindergarten information I needed to download.

It was really quiet upstairs, so I went to check on him and found him sound asleep on the bathroom floor, curled tight into a little butt naked ball, complete with a very unclean behind and business in the toilet. I started to clean him up, and he woke up complaining about his belly. I said, "Do you need to throw up?" and with a "YES!" he proceeded to projectile vomit all over the bathroom until I heave-ho'ed him up to the toilet.

The poor kid did it a few more times throughout the night, but seems okay today. However, John and I are wiped. Nate was up at 5:15 as per usual, and as usual he woke up the baby because King Collosus isn't exactly the quiet type.

I spent a good chunk of the night in Jack's bed, just rubbing his back and consoling him, and then to be up again at 5 for the day is seemingly crazy. I was just a little glad when my first patient of the day today cancelled, and I didn't have to treat any babies until noon. It gave me time to get a little more coffee down the gullet.

WE. NEED. A. BREAK.

We both do, really. Just to recharge, and reconnect. Hopefully it will happen somewhat soon, because I don't think either one of us can keep running on damn near empty for much longer.

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

I am so sorry that everyone is sick. That is so hard. I think that as soon as the kids are feeling better you and John should plan a date night. Have your parents watch the kids and go check into a hotel...even if it is just right down the road. Go swimming, go out to dinner and then sleep in. Maybe take a nap before dinner! You will feel so recharged. I wish I could help you out babe! love, Julianne