Wednesday, January 09, 2008

There is no Cure for the Pukies

Yesterday Maddie caught the pukies that have been going around. No big deal, but really, if any of my kids were going to get the flu I'd have prefered one with a bit more meat on their bones than the baby about whom I am STILL fielding questions regarding whether or not she was a premie, and if she wasn't what's wrong with her. NOTHING. She's just tiny. I think as a DT I would know if she is lacking in some area of development.

Loooong story short, yesterday was our realtor showing, meaning realtors come and look at your home and "Pre-screen" for their clients who may be potential buyers, so we had the house spotless. I was supposed to be OUT until 12:30 or 1. Didn't quite work when Maddie started projectile vomit all over herself on the way home from picking up Jack from school. I had to rush her home with our realtor still there, but luckily no one came to tour as I threw Go-Gurts at the boys and threw Miss M. in the tub and tried to disassemble her carseat.

Later in the afternoon, the fit hit the shan when I have our Lawyer for the closing calling, Maddie is puking, and our window guys came to replace the cracked window in the boys' room. A man could not ever have handled the multi-tasking needed, but I handled it and treated myself to a nice glass of cab later.

On a side note the window guys couldn't have been nicer. They were really sweet with Jack who made friends with them and had to watch everything they did, since tools were involved. They weren't the worst looking guys either, but I'm sure I presented as a crazy lady in my running pants and lovely eau de vomit smell.

Cheryl's right, I'm such a boner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, get off your high horse. A guy could have handled it. you are not the only person in the world that can do everything. Maybe next week, Jack will be sick, Nathan will be running around naked, Maddie will be out trying to mow the snow, and you will get all your kids back in order, cook dinner, clean the house, AND SOLVE WORLD HUNGER!!