Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Disaster Within

I am trying VERY hard to get organized, and it's just NOT happening. My sisters house is very tidy and organized, and she's given me some good ideas, but I simply cannot seem to GET IT DONE--what with 3 kids and all. My goal is to do something soon, but I'm not sure what. Maybe I'll just bomb the house and collect the insurance money.

I do know that mealtimes around here are a bear. I just get started cooking when Nate decides he needs to EAT NOW, as does the Divine Miss M. I run the risk of traumatizing 2 children for life, or burning my dinner, neither of which are good options. So, what I'm thinking of doing is following the lead of a friend of mine and making enough meals for a month..kind of like those places you go to. I've checked out www.30daygourmet.com and have found a few recipes.

Now to get organized and buy the stuff and plan a nice Sunday afternoon sans children but embracing a nice bottle of Cabernet while playing Julia Child for a while. I think it would make mealtimes go smoothly, don't you?

2 comments:

jen said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha...good luck and let me know how it all works out!!!
Truly though, you are o.k. so your kids get "easy food" for a little while. I swear the hardest thing I did for the first 6 months was chicken breast on the George Foreman, butter noodles and microwaved frozen vegies. Served with a different sauce i.e. barbeque, ranch, terriaki, let me tell you we had that at least 3 times a week! You will NOT scar them forever!
By the way your sister has 1 BABY... HUGE HUGE difference!!!! Let see what happens when you add 2 more!

Weiss Women said...

Are we supposed to be organized? Now I am WAY behind schedule! I have let a lot of things go. I chose some things that are a priority and put everything else on the occasional list. It's not a perfect schedule but it works for me/us. Your kids are healthy and happy, so you are doing just fine!