Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Isn't she sweet?


When I took my training to be an infant massage instructor, our trainer said that there is no such thing as a good baby or a bad baby. It's just that some babies are easier than others, and others are more difficult. Nate will go down as the easiest baby in history, hands down, but Ms. M isn't too difficult either. She has a fussy period everynight, but is asleep before 10, and she only wakes up once in the middle of the night.

She still looks up at me with her eyes that are her father's eyes that still have "what the hell is going on here" written all over them, and I get a little nervous because I can't answer those questions she's going to have. In fact, sometimes I think she knows more about this life than I do.

I can't wait to put her in ballet and watch her do all the things I used to do, hopefully with more confidence and self-esteem. I'm not big on shopping but maybe we'll have fun doing other stuff instead, what I'm not sure. I seriously never thought I'd have a girl.

Life's full of surprises, isn't it?

1 comment:

NYST8OM said...

Gorgeous!