Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Belly of the Beast

I think I am officially stuck with this belly and I am mortified. Before Maddie was known to have been conceived, I was doing great at the gym, even starting to get some AB-definition. Now, I go to the gym, and get about a 20 minute workout in before they have to page me to come get my screaming 1 year old from the babysitting room. What is the deal with this kid anyway? He cries at church, he cries at the gym, he cries when I am not in his sight. I realize developmentally it's a phase, but wake up buster, you've got a sister to contend and vie for my attention with.

Being sleep deprieved does not help for my moods either. Crabby Mom may come out to play and soon if I don't start seeing some bodily improvement. Maybe it's just my postpartem depression thingy...PPD is equivalent to bad self-image and self-esteem, right? I have a goal to get into size 8's again by the end of the month.

Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

jen said...

You are crazy!
Jen

Weiss Women said...

Size 8's? I can only dream of a size 8. Good luck to you. But remember that it can take up to a year to get your body back. Don't sweat it. You are hot enough already! It is really hard when a kiddo won't stay in the gym childcare. I went through that with Olivia when she was about 9 months and we had to just stop going for a long time. Now she is three and can handle it. So you only have to wait 2 more years!
:-) Hopefully not that long. Are the boys in the same room together? Or different ones? Olivia likes it better when she is with her sis.
love, Julianne

Fly Girl said...

I have a flat tire hanging underneath my saggy (at one time perky) boobs. But I wouldn't change it for the world. Yeah, don't ya love how kids know how to embarass you, or how to make sure you don't do anything for yourself. Right now one of my kids is having a screaming fit, probably because I am on the computer. hehehe