Friday, June 20, 2008

Training


I didn't want to do anything today. I've been so so soooo tired, but I made myself Brick today, meaning a 28 minute bike and what amounted to a 24 and change minute run, at which time I did my 2.5 mile loop around my neighborhood.
Today's workout was hard. I have a bike route that I like because it's super hard. I'm not sure on the mileage, but there are a lot of uphill climbs that make me work for it.
After the biking, I threw my bike in the garage as quickly and neatly as possible, took off my helmet and sunglasses, grabbed a sip or two of water and headed on my run. I know transitioning at a race will be a lot different, but I'm practicing just getting moving again in a timely fashion. It worked out okay I think.
The race is July 13th in Pleasant Prairie. I've had a lot of people asking me about when it was, and I keep forgetting to update everyone. When I came in today I told John that even though what I did was hard today, I'm so ready to do this race. I'm excited to be there and see all these women accomplish something really amazing for a really good cause.
I just hope my wave time (when I get to start) is pretty early, because doing this stuff at 1:30 in the afternoon on a relatively muggy day totally stinks.
Oh well. I will survive!!!

No comments: