Friday, June 27, 2008

T Minus 15 Days


Okay, so here we are 15 days before the big race. I'm getting a little more nervous, but really, I can't tell if it's really nerves, or I'm just getting excited to just finally do it.
I found out in my cycle class this week that most cycle classes take a rider between 18 and 22 miles, depending on how fast you're spinning. Since I'm practicing on my neighborhood hills I'm probably not actually going very far, but I'm gaining strength and endurance, so game on.
Yesterday I did a total body conditioning class that combines easy low impact aerobics with weights and toning. My arms, back, and chest are very sore today, so no swim today-which by the way, I swam this week and LOVE my new goggles!!! If the weather stays decent enough whilst the babies are napping, I'll be doing either a straight 3-5 mile run or a brick. I haven't decided yet (John is working from home). John and I got a sitter tonight so we could go out for my birthday, and I'm deciding how many calories I need to burn to offset a decent sit down eat it while it's hot meal. We'll see.
So, these are my thoughts for today, thought I should get them all out on cyber paper. I know this race is totally doable, but I DO have a goal to get it done in less than 2 hours, transition time notwithstanding. We'll see. The transitions and the run part is going to be the hardest for me I'm pretty sure.
I'm open to helpful suggestions, aside from getting rid of the mental block. I need to be realistic to train effectively!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It could challenge the ideas of the people who visit your blog.