Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Nate!


Nate,
You are almost always smiling. Always happy, and you always have that stinkin' thumb in your mouth, despite our best efforts to discourage it.
You are such a neat kid. You know how to work the crowd, meaning, you know exactly what you can get away with, and with whom. You know just the buttons to push, and then just when to flash that winning Nate smile, which makes punishing you so very hard. Something tells me though, that you're going to grow up a-okay.
You ALWAYS think of others. This year when we took your 2 year old preschool class and the teachers passed out little candies, you always made sure there was one for me. You love your sister to no end, but tend to love her with some rough and tough love sometimes. When she was barely a month old you tried to feed her Teddy Grahams and tortilla chips. You thought she'd like them, because you do. She didn't like them, by the way. It's okay though, she'll be a little stronger for it!
Despite your ungainly clumsiness at times, I know you don't mean it when you run into people, and walls, and other inanimate objects. It's just who you are. Oma and Opa are right. You're amusing. It's a good word to describe you.
Dad and I didn't know what it meant to have an easy baby until we had you. I had to move you every 15 minutes just to stimulate you because you are and were so laid back you could have cared less about anything. Easygoing and loyal to almost a fault, you have your father's personality down to a Tee. I will be so proud and happy if you grow up to be anything like him at all.
You're a neat kid. But I don't think I'd ever want to get on your bad side. You have the smile and personality that lights up entire rooms, and everyone is just happier when you're around. You have such a sparkle in your eye, even when you're couch potato-ing and watching anything on t.v. And by anything, I mean, ANYTHING: Paula Deen, Mickey Mouse, Cnn. You don't care, as long as it's on the magic glowing box.
I'll make you a peanut butter and jelly every day if you'll eat it. It's your favorite food, and you're my favorite middle child.
I'm so glad you had fun at the carnival today, and eating the chocolate cake (also a fave) that daddy made for you. You are amazing and I cannot believe that you're three and headed to preschool next year. I'm not worried about you, you'll be just fine.
Happy Birthday. I love you.
Mom

1 comment:

M & M's Mom said...

I have to say....
Jack is a total Zapf,
Nate is a total Crick,
and Maddie is a beautiful combo!