Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Boys...again

We celebrated a dual tide today, the boys birthdays with the fam, and FAther's day. I worked very hard so John could enjoy some of his father's day, but he did everything that I needed help with, so super props to him. He tried very hard to make sure his dad and my dad could enjoy themselves, because, well, John is not selfish and realizes the bigger picture. It's not always all about him.

I just have to vent and say it pisses me off when some people NEVER show up for the kids birthdays, or baptisms, or graduations, or ANY special EVENTS for my kids. Now, I know they're my kids, and I'm biases but, I mean, come on. NEVER IN FIVE YEARS can you show up, or stay any length of time???? and these people are "family." Am I pissing you off right now? Then you must be the guilty party reading.... Nobody ever addresses it, like a white elephant in a room and since I'm on this need to reduce stress and say it like it is so I don't have panic attacks, or a heart attack, there it is. And this is MY BLOG, so I can say what I damn well like.

Family is the most important thing in the world. Not bogus golf schedules. Not impromptu "I have to pick up work hours because my job is more important than your kids". LOAD OF CRAP. I have friends who work as firemen and nurses in life and death situations who have taken off of work and done everything in their power to be there for me and my family and my kids- who mean more to them than anything. Not even, for the past 2 years running, "Oh, we must travel out of state because my family trumps yours". I get the hint, since for every birthday, baptism or other important even some people just don't think we're important enough to show. So if you don't want to come and share the joys of how awesome my kids are (your loss) then own it. Say you don't want to be there. I would understand once or twice. But five years? EVery event for five years? PUHLEEZE! Own it. Say you don't really give a shit about my kids, you don't like me, and you don't really want to be here.

That's less offensive than constant excuses.

And remember someday the tables may be turned.

4 comments:

Mike Zee said...

Hi Jen,

One must be invited to these type of events in order to attend.

Love,

Uncle Mike

708-612-0650 Cell
708-352-4049 Home

Crazy Mom said...

Uncle Mike,
I'm very specifically referring to a certain someone(s) who is invited and constantly blows off my kids. Since we keep these events small (immediate family) it's a little irritating when there are CONSTANT BS excuses.

There is no reference to anyone on MY side of the family. My family, for lack of better wording, totally rocks.

jen said...

you go girl! I couldn't have said it better myself. I love you Man!!!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
You expend way too much of your good energy (5yrs worth)writing about those whomever they are that don't ever come to your family celebrations.
Quit inviting them. Problem solved.

aunt eileen