Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Feeling old? Only Kinda Sorta....

I pretended yesterday wasn't my birthday for the sole purpose of not having any more freaking cake. For real, we've had cake once, twice, and sometimes thrice a week since the onset of 'Birthday Month' with John's birthday in May. If I saw another eggy, flourey, frosted concoction I may have gone postal. But, as I posted earlier I spent the best part of my day at the hospital. Sweetness.

I didn't even feel older, until I was uh, dumb enough to mention to the sitter driving home something about names, and she said she likes the name "Reighn". So I started talking to her about River Phoenix, who was the IT guy when I was her age, and as her eyes glazed over with the blank stare, I decided to mention Joaquin Phoenix, you know, the guy from Gladiator, and Walk the Line.

Again, blank stare. "I don't really know who those people are" she declared ever so sweetly.

Dang it, when did I get so old that MY pop culture growing up became Retro-active culture. When?

I guess it's all Jonas Brothers and Camp Rock and High School Musical part 25 that is giving birth to the new hotties of Tiger Beat Magazine.

What a minute...do they still have Tiger Beat???

Please tell me they do....

4 comments:

M & M's Mom said...

You do have to cut her some slack, the guy was dead before she was even out of diapers probably. Happy birthday too!

I really like your blog and you inspired me to write my own.

Weiss Women said...

Happy Birthday Jen!! It is weird to be on the wrong side of the "latest" tracks isn't it!? Oh well! We shall wear it with grace! Teen Bop and Tiger Beat still rule!

Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday to you Jen.
I'm sure it was a nice one.
Think of me and you surely won't feel old.
Kisses
aunt eileen
ps
I'm having a hell of a time getting this printed. I hate that word verification thing.
SEE I'M OLD!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL@@L@!!LOL!!LOL!!L!L!L!OL!OL!OLOLOLO JOPOOOGGGNNN LOLOLO L!OOOL


JOHN IS A CRAZY REALLY FREAKING SUPER GAY! L:OL!@!!LOLOLOL~~~~~~~!@#

0_o

BIM BIM!@@