Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The BEST Way to Celebrate Your Birthday


This is the baby I ALMOST got to share my birthday with. The as yet to be named peanut made her quick entrance on Sunday, sandwiched between Nate and I, and to quote Freebird, "It's like an all vanilla oreo!" Right. At least I'll always remember her birthday, because as it is I can't remember anyone elses!

Of course, since she is the lovely daughter of our dear friends, after shopping for her, and spending the morning in urgent care with Nate (ear infections in both ears AND bronchitis) I called our favorite sitter Hailey and spent the afternoon in the company of a beautiful new life. You so easily forget how little they start out, although she's smaller than any of my babies were. In fact, I think her entire body is smaller than Nate's ginormous head. Seriously.

What a doll. Now, if they could only put a name on that birth certificate so we'll all stop calling her Maude....

Congrats Michael and Lynn. I'm soooo excited and happy for you both.

No comments: