Thursday, August 03, 2006

Practically Geniuses

The boys are brilliant, I swear. They are not going to need their college funds because they will get full rides to a school of their choice!

Of course I'm just kidding. It's really hard to believe in genius when the 13 month old is putting pizza on top of his head because the 3 year old is finding it hilarious, or both trying to drink the bathwater they both probably just peed in. But I digress.

Yesterday, Jack read "Brown Bear" start to finish for me. And then for John. He can read at age 3. Isn't that amazing??? Before you start to agree that, yes in fact, he is boy wonder, let me tell you he's heard the story a hundred and two times, and before he would "read" the page, he kinda peeked at what was to come. All based on memory, but not bad pre-reading skills, right?

Nate has picked up a few words, too. He understands a lot as well. If we say, "Go get your shoes" he will get them and sit down waiting for us to help. He says "mmaa" For More, mama, and milk. Occasionally I get an "aa duh" for all done. He also says "Uh Oh" really well, and "UP". I can't remember what Jack's language was like at this, but I'm hoping that Nate is right on par where he should be, since as I've mentioned before he never gets a word in edgewise.

Nate's my lover though, he'll give kisses and hugs whenever you ask, and sometimes even when you don't. Jack's sweet (at times) too, but he's too busy most of the time. I miss cuddling him as a baby, and am anticipating what's going to happen with baby girl. Can she be so totally different from the other two who are already polar opposites?
Hopefully, we'll be finding that out very, very soon!!

No comments: