Friday, August 11, 2006

The Peanut

I am now referring to my daughter as "The Peanut". It's either that or "The headache I constantly had before you were even born because I was made to worry so much" but since that is such a long title, I'll settle for "The Peanut".

Yesterday at the OB we discovered that I've lost another 1 and 1/2 lbs. That's over 3 lbs in 2 weeks. Not sure how that keeps happening, but, whatever. I am still only measuring at 34 cm (for the 4th week in a row), so I was told I had to have yet another non stress test. She is doing just fine, but I was also told that if I didn't induce soon, I'd have to keep coming in for tests. I wanted Tuesday, but they were all booked, so Thursday Aug. 17th it is. Unless someone else delivers before Tuesday, and then I get their slot. Either way, less than a week to go.

I'm just hoping all is well. Doc says I'm smaller than I was with the boys so she will likely be smaller. I'm slightly afraid that she may not be growing the way she should be in utero. My BF nurse extraordinaire says she may just need to come out to get to where she should be. Last week they estimated she was about 6 lbs., so maybe she'll be about 7 or so at delivery time. I'm not sure what I'll do with a smaller baby, the boys were so...mmmm..robust I guess is the best word. Big feet, big hands, BIG HUGE HEADS!!! That may be Miss Thing's saving grace...small head, quick delivery. Now wouldn't THAT be nice for a quick recovery!!!

No comments: