Thursday, August 10, 2006

To Hell with Suspicious Pharmacists!

Okay, I get it. Druggies are buying children's cold medicine and making meth labs out of it. I get it. However, when a pregnant woman with 2 snotty and whiney children in a shopping cart stops at the prescription window for a little help, is it just too much to ask that I don't get questioned as if it were ME starting a meth lab? I don't even have time to shower every single day, much less try chemistry experiments in my basement.

I'm also slightly confused here on what the point is of drug companies "reformulating" this children's medicine so that it is basically rendered ineffective anyway? Is there some kind of conspiracy out there to make being a stay at home mom just that much more difficult? Have these people ever been at home for 12 straight hours with 2 sick and crabby kids? Do THEY know what it's like to sit in a Dr.'s office for an hour just "waiting our turn"? (To then be told to go to your local pharmacy and get the evil eye from the pharmacist for trying to buy reformulated ineffective medicine because all that's wrong is that your kids have is a virus.) My gut feeling on this one, is a resounding NO.

I'm thinking that if moms were actually in politics (because we have SO much time to be involved) this country would be a more likeable place. There would definitely be a lot more time outs for the bad guys out there!!

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

Sing it Hot Mamma! Sing it! I agree! I walked around a pharmacy for 10 minutes looking for tylenol for colds before I realized that it was locked up in the Vault. I am going to write you in for the next presidential election.
love, Julianne