Monday, July 31, 2006

The Chatterbox

Poor Nathan. Poor poor Nathan. The kid literally cannot get a word in edgewise because of his brother, who is apparently attention starved. Let me explain...

Yesterday, Jackster woke at the crack of dawn around 6:15. Talking. He came in our room just talking. He talked all day nonstop. There were no real topics of conversation, he just talked. Whatever popped into his head made it's way through his vocal cords and out his mouth. He finally stopped around 2:30 on the car ride home from lunch, and only because he fell asleep. However, he woke himself up an hour later from his nap because he started talking in his sleep. And once he was awake, he didn't stop.

My solution was to take him to the pool to wear him out. I think he tried talking underwater while we were there. John stayed home with Nate, who, apparently, as soon as his brother was out of the house became a Chatterbox in his own right. I think he must have been waiting for the right time to voice his opinion in the way that a 13 month old would.

Jack did stop talking yesterday at bedtime, by which time he was hoarse. But today was a brand new day, and while I was working the sitter got an earful as well. At least he was playing with his buddy though, because I guess Nate had a chance to be vocal throughout the day too. I have noticed that when Big Bro starts talking, little Man kinda just looks at him and the thumb goes in the mouth, and he just watches and listens. The best thing is he's hearing language all day, the bad part is he rarely gets to practice it himself.

I've decided that this may be another reason why I've started doing this blog thing. It gets me down in the basement where the only sound is the air conditioner running. It's quiet. I can't even hear the t.v.
And nobody is talking.

No comments: