Saturday, August 19, 2006

Put me back in!!!

...The hospital that is. Put me back in the hospital. Tuesday, Maddie had a hard night trying to regulate her body temp and needing to be suctioned of all the goo left in her lungs during birth. I slept uneventfully almost all night. The nurses had to take care of her, so I didn't worry and I rested.

Wednesday, I didn't have visitors until after 1. John wasn't even there. I slept off and on until 12:30. I woke up and my lunch tray had arrived uneventfully. That night, I slept pretty well too.

And here it is Saturday, and I don't think I've slept since. She's doing great, yeah, she's up now and then, but that's what babies do. It's the other 2 that are crazy. Thursday, our first night home was nuts. Jack was nuts with the hard transition and adapting. I can't blame him, this is hard on a kid, but man I'm tired.

I just want to go back to the hospital and sleep. I want to have others watch my children and bring me food on a tray, and constantly ask if I need anything, refill my juice or water without asking, give me a manicure and afternoon tea with a cookie or cinnamon role. It's like a spa with a catheter and IV but once those are out you really don't mind. Just for a couple more days, nothing permanent. Just to get some rest, and what can be considered "Pampering" to a Crazy Mom chasing after 3 kids now. Just a little sleep.....just a little....

2 comments:

jen said...

It gets better I promise! Just hang in there. The kids will settle down and the baby will be old news soon. If you need ANYTHING do not hesitate to ask! I'll call you soon.
Jen

Weiss Women said...

No kidding! I think that Mom's should get to go back after one week. For at least one night of uninterrupted sleep. A gift certificate of sorts. And there is nothing better than dinner and drinks in bed. Unless it is an uninterrupted shower. I feel your pain hot mamma!
love, Julianne