Tuesday, August 29, 2006

butter and ice cream

This is an issue of huge debate here in this house. When we went to premarital counseling through church, we discussed things THEY thought was important, like kids and money. The real life stuff...not even touched upon.

So here we are having "discussions" about what you would think would be negotiable topics, but they're really not.

#1: My Side: Neopolitan ice cream is gross. For the record, my brother and sister agree, and my mother never bought it for us as kids. Chocolate--GOOD, Vanilla--GOOD, Strawberry--GOOD. All 3 flavors mixed in one container? VERY VERY BAD!!! You just can't mix flavors like that. It's unconstitutional.

His side: If you like all 3 flavors, then what's the problem?

My Side: It's just not right, and that is all there is to it.

Next topic:

#2: My side: When you are buttering bread, use pats. Evenly measured from the stick, please.

His side: He has no side.

He just takes the knife and skims across the top of the entire stick, thus making it impossible for me to measure even amts. in tablespoon form for the next recipe unless I get a fresh stick. Anyone doing grocery shopping lately knows that dairy in any form is not cheap these days.

However, I do have to say, that if these are the worst of our problems, I'll take it. Everyone should be so lucky, and really, he's a great guy. He just has bad taste in ice cream. I love him anyway though....

Aaah, the things married couples "fight" over.....

No comments: