Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Girl

The Girl is how my husband refers to his daughter. As in, "How is the Girl doing". Oh, your daughter MADILYNN is doing great. Sometimes, Maddie gets lucky and is refered to as "Baby sister". Jack either calls her Baby sister, or (excuse the spelling) Equay Bequay, who was some basketball player from the 70's. We have my dad to thank for that one.

This newborn GIRL is old. She's very very old. She's an old soul who looks at me in this crazy testosterone filled house with these eyes that say "now what"?? Or, they may be saying "Thanks alot, how did I get the short end of THIS stick". I'm not sure. But I do know that when I look at her I see I have a lot of expectations to meet, and I know that I am going to fall very, very short. People say "Oh, you got your girl". Yes, yes I did, didn't I. And then I look at her and think, "I got my girl and then some".......

No comments: