Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Divine Miss M

Madilynn Grace came into this world on August 15th at 3:46 p.m., weighing in at 7lbs 6.5oz and measuring 21 inches long. Compared to the boys, this was a dream birth. In fact, all babies should be born like this. I went into the hospital at our scheduled 7:30 induction time, meeting up with Nurse Wonderful, Karin. She started me on all my drugs (pitosin) by 8, and by 8:30 my water was broken and labor was in swing (not FULL painful swing, but moving along). I opted for an epidural around 11 ish, and I am seriously wondering what the hell I waited so long for when I had the boys. I truly believe now that an early epidural is key to an early birth!!!

What was sooo very cool about Maddie coming into this world was that there was absolutely NO drama. She almost was out before the Dr. arrived. I had 2 pushes with Doc and was told to stop, and I just looked down and watched everything happen. She was so small, there was literally no pain or pressure, and while surreal, it was the most amazing thing to be able to watch so calmly. She was immediately put on my chest, but I told Karin to take her away, I needed to hear her cry and breathe. Her apgars were perfect, 8 and then 9.

I didn't get sick until I was in the recovery room. I always get sick, but it wasn't so bad. She's here and she's perfect. I look forward to a lifetime of loving her.

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

She is beyond beautiful! Congratulations to both of you! I am so glad that the birth went so well. Whoever invented the epidural needs a Nobel Peace Price. Stat.
love, Julianne