Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This Really Happened to Me Today

I think it's funny. Most others probably won't.

I took Nate to his private speech therapy today. Thank God for Denise. I'm a little in love with her, and I'll explain why in a future post. Mostly because she does such a FANTASTIC job with Nate.

Anyway, we went to Costco afterwards to stock up on some basics, and since we were toeing the line in getting back to the house in time for lunch, and then rushing Jack off to school, I took the last $2 cash I had in my wallet and treated Jack, Nate, and Maddie to a hotdog and drink. At Costco, this classy meal runs a cool buck and a half, and they split the dog and drink.

I had bought some potato chips, and yogurt, so we opened those up, and voila, cheap lunch I didn't have to clean up after.

The funny part was when we sat down to eat. There was an elderly couple a table away. They sneered one "As If" look in my direction and went to another table clear across the room.

Let me rephrase. Costco=the least classy a meal you can get. I fed 3 kids for less than 2 dollars.

If you want a fancy kid free dining experience, um...eat somewhere that is NOT Costco. Or, McDonald playland if you need more specifics.

That's all I'm sayin'...

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

I stick to the theory that if you eat somewhere that has a $1 menu, a kids night or a restaurant mascot then you need to keep your glares to yourself! I laugh at people who get disgruntled at children eating. didn't they eat when they were young?

gailiop said...

You gotta try the chicken bakes at Costco too! Those are AWESOME.
I think there is about 1,000 calories in them, but soooo yummy! I may just renew my Costco membership just so I can get some of those!