Friday, November 07, 2008

My Almost Meningitis

I'm kind of a freak, but I swear, I've NEVER had a headache like I did last night. Never ever ever. I took 3 ibuprofens and was still writhing in pain on the bed. I couldn't sit up for fear of nausea and vertigo. I couldn't eat dinner, so I went for about 15 plus hours foodless. I decided to take a Tylenol p.m. and if that didn't work, a little visit to the ER.

Most people wouldn't freak out. However, to be fair, most people weren't recently exposed to meningitis by a coworker who happened to make the most fabulous brownies, and I ate half the pan. Sure, she wound up having VIRAL meningitis so my chances of contracting it were slim to none, but still. I kinda freaked out.

This morning I woke up stiff and sore. Most likely from 9 hours of conked out sleep. That didn't stop me from overanalyzing every spinal ache and head twinge. At work I had one the most darling Occupational Therapists lay hands on me and she did some Reiki massage and cranial sacral wonderfulness and decided that my body is so tight and tensed and literally 'locked'. I think she was hinting that I needed some serious destressers, eh? To be sure, she confirmed that I probably didn't need a spinal tap as all my issues appeard to stem from soft tissue tension. I can live with that.

But I seriously need a massage. Or some cranial sacral. I cannot live through another headache like that again.
Seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god...