Sunday, November 09, 2008

Smile, and Say CHEESE for the Butt Camera!!!

Okay, okay okay. This whole colonoscopy dilemma is spiraling. I do not do poop shute things well, like farting in public, or taking laxatives. I thank everyone for their advice and especially the cameraderie. It's not the colonoscopy I fear now, but what will happen with the roid banding. Will they land like little nubbins in the toilet? Do I keep a watch out for them? What happens then?

I am praying, praying, praying really hard for drugs that if they're not going to knock me out completely, that I will forget ever sticking my hiney in the air for the camera. I do not find it fascinating. I find it mortifying. Having kids is a cakewalk compared to this mess.

Last night on the ride home from my hot lunch date, I talked to Cheryl and got this advice, "After you start taking your liquid, if you think you have to toot, go to the bathroom". I let you have your own special visual on that one.

After I talked to Cheryl I taked to Jenny and asked her about watching this on a t.v. screen and possibly remembering everything. Horror of horrors. She told me that she had a friend in college who had to have them done routinely and often and her advice?

"Smile and Say cheese for the butt camera!"

Oh lordy! If I weren't laughing so hard, I might have cried anyways.

But what I love the most about all this is people's willingness to share their own stories. Thank you everyone for your support, and telling me like it is!!!

2 comments:

jen said...

CHEESE!!!!You know how I love a good camera!!

Keri Speidel said...

I'm really glad I could be your HOT lunch date!!!! wooo baby. Don't fret, everything will go well!