Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Damn Straight I voted. I Voted for Duck

Jack told me today that he didn't want me to vote. I think he was worried it would require an extended absence on my part, so I took Nate to speech, ran home and grabbed Jack, and then went to the fire station to vote. He thought THAT was cool because the poll booths were set up right in front of the trucks. Thank goodness there weren't any fires today. It would have been awkward.

So now he understands the voting process. Sort of. I had a hard time deciding who to vote for, right up until I filled in that little black dot. I don't have very high standards for who I vote for, except, I'd like this stupid war in Iraq to end. Obama had my vote for 5 seconds until during the debate he said he was just pulling the boys out of Iraq and putting them in Afghanistan instead. McCain pretty much seconded that motion, so I was screwed in my thought process. I hate knowing that my kids are growing up during a wartime. I hate the thought that someday my boys may decide to become a part of it, and so I vote based on who would rather make love, not war. Skewed, I know. But I have two boys to think of.

During school today, Jack's class read a story called "Duck for President". The kids had to cast their own ballots, Duck, or moose, or gerbil, whatever. Duck won.

I vote for duck. He's clearly the best choice.

1 comment:

jen said...

Is there enough room for a write in 'cause I vote for duck too! I hate gerbils and the moose might not do to well in the white house, you know like "bull in a china shop" except of course he's a moose. Anyhow, duck sounds good, let's do it!!!