Sunday, November 02, 2008

Hello, Bambi? Meet Mr. RAV-4



As I was driving home from work last night, on a dark, but not deserted road, a random doe jumped out and I sideswipped her with my car.

As our NEW car is only 2 weeks old, I was slightly freaked. Remember, I saw what the Urlacher Deer did to Richie's new Toyota the night Nate was born. Apparently, deer in Illinois enjoy a good Toyota ramming every so often.

Here's the miracle. Not an ounce of damage on me, the car, OR the deer. In fact, she did 3 circles in the middle of the road, and pranced back into her quasi-wilderness.

I listed this in church today as one of my joys. There is a lesson lurking here somewhere. Now all I have to do is learn it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy s _ _ t! That's a miracle. I'm glad that everything was ok. C.

NYST8OM said...

That is a great post!