Thursday, April 17, 2008

Training

I've been training hard lately. This week's workouts included Monday as a cycle class (I ran for 15 minutes beforehand), Tuesday was an interval swim, meaning I swam 8 75's (yards) with a 20 second rest in between. I swam a 400 or 12 laps as a warm up and to make sure that I got my 1/2 mile in too. On Tues. and Thurs. I did my swim workout, plus a 15 min/1.15 mile run plus weights and abs. I am damn tired.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not really losing weight, but I'm toning enough. At 31, I am in the best shape of my life. The biggest compliment ever was when John asked two nights ago if I've lost weight. No dear, I really, really haven't. But I'm training hard, so stop making fun of my hip bones and knobby knees.

What I need from you, my peeps, is a list of things to think about as I am doing the triathalon. What thoughts should go thru my head? I got a bit freaked swimming today, because all the things I've been reading for training have swimming as the no.1 fear. I'm not afraid of water, but I'm afraid of someone trying to drown me so they can get ahead, which I've also read happens at some triathalons-but not likely the one that I'm doing.

So, to keep me from freaking, and to keep me motivated, I'm starting a list. What can I think about as I put my body up for this challenge? So far I've got:

1. Anger at that Damn Y chromosome. WHY is it that men CANNOT put laundry in the basket five feet from where they've laid their dirty drawers on the floor?

2. Happiness at how lucky/healthy/happy I am at this stage in my life. Look at all I've accomplished!

3. Look at all my friends and how blessed each one of them has made me feel. I am lucky to have all of them (even my online girlfriend that I've never met face to face) in my life and in my heart and soul.

4. Shit! What's for dinner when I get home?

Please help. What can/should I be thinking about as I 'exercise' for an hour and a half?

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

What a lovely header, where did you get it :)

Thanks for the info, got it in the mail today...woo hoo.

And the crazy internet advice...think I was having major freak out moment.