Friday, April 18, 2008

Brick Day

Today's workout, according to my training schedule called for a Brick workout. That is, I rode my bike for 30 minutes. Every two minutes, I did an all out thirty second sprint, and then 'rested' for another 2 minutes. By rested, I mean my heart rate didn't get below 140. After the bike ride, I had to do a 15 minute run, same sprint drill. I have just realized how hilly my neighborhood is. That's what we get for living in the smack dab middle of a golf course.

I burned over 460 calories doing this, and I did it outside. It felt good and made me realize that if the weather in July is nice like today's, this triathalon just may not kill me. Hah!

On to do Ab work, but I had to write about my workout today. It holds me accountable knowing people are reading and going...Hmmm...how the Hell is she going to do this triathalon thing anyway??

1 comment:

jen said...

You are amazing!! I am reading, but in the end you are the one to hold yourself accountable. You should be proud of even thinking about doing a triathlon! I for one prefer to sit on my ass and think about going for or walk with the kids. Triathlon? HELL NO!! You go girl, I can't wait to see what you do next!!