Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Quit!

Today I'm tired and taking the day off. Sorta. I'm supposed to be swimming right now, but I'm taking a break. Allow me to explain.

Yesterday all I wanted to do was stay home and get some much needed work done around the house. I've been slacking inside, trying to get the spring stuff done outside so the grass can grow, and the flowers can bloom. The state of our yard has been terribly neglected, since the house was unoccupied for well over a year. That being said...

Maddie woke up yesterday screaming. She's been tugging her ear for a few days and I pretty much didn't need mother's intuition to tell me she'd be much easier to like these days if I'd just get her some drugs. Jack also woke up with a barky cough and complaining of a headache. In a nutshell I left the Dr. yesterday with an ear infection, a sinus infection and 2 scripts for some delish amoxicillin. Ran to Costco to stock up on fabric softener, John's bleu cheese and to get the scripts, ran to pick up Jack's playdate, took them all to the neighborhood park, came home, made lunch, cleaned up lunch, put babies to bed, called playdates mom, chatted w/her for an hour when she came to pick her daughter up and then got Nate and Mads up from Naps. Nothing got done, dammit!!!

So today, I feel a scratchy throat, and my ear hurts a bit, so I don't want to be in a bacteria infested YMCA pool. By 10 a.m., I've done dishes, laundry, vacuumed the entire house, picked up toys, gotten kids dressed, blogged (gotta have some ME time), made beds, toileted Nate twice, waved bye to Jack as Jen picked him up to go to school (I really just don't want to leave today), and have started devising a plan of attack for my laundry room, hall closet, windows, kitchen floor and maybe cleaning the bathrooms, since the scrapbookers are coming in full force on Sunday. (Yay! I get to organize my mementos mess!). These are my bestest friends, really, and I don't NEED to clean for them, but I may as well. Shit has to get done anyway, right?

Ugh. Not sure how this will all work since Madzilla cries when I'm not holding her or at least close enough for her to touch at any given time. I know she doesn't feel well, but DANG! How early is too early to start drinkin'?

My windows are all open and the fresh air is fabulous-but there is a storm coming in, that I'm semi excited about. Then I don't need to look for an excuse to stay home and do what every stay at home mom does-nothing. From what I understand, we just all do nothing all day long.

Now, where did I put those bon bons? And did I remember to DVR Oprah?

1 comment:

sauerkrautpolka said...

I'm disappointed you didn't get the scripts at Walgreens. Shame on you.