Saturday, April 19, 2008

All taped Up and nowhere to go

One of the perks of my job is working with a lot of physical therapists. Today I had the distinct pleasure of a coworker taping my plantar fascitis foot up with leukotape, not to be confused with the kineseotape that held my butt/sacrum together when I was pregnant. Kineseotape is a lot more stretchy, leukotape is freaking like duct tape, but it feels good. And I have a sports related injury, so I feel okay about looking like a freak for a while.

I'm resting my foot until Monday, and then Tuesday I get to have my favorite OT/neighbor/drinking buddy Jen re-tape me. I can hardly wait...but it's better than having my butt taped every 3 days, just to keep me upright and walking!

So, no workout today and I feel like I'm on an uneven keel. Funny how working out an hour and 20 minutes a day keeps you on level...but my foot needs to be better.

Until then....

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

You had your butt taped?!! Nice! Maddy had better appreciate you! I am sorry you are injured. Get better.

jen said...

seriously if it hurts that bad go get yourself a cortisone shot so you can walk again. Joe got it and it helped tremendously! Better to do that than for it to worsen!

Jen
ps I can not wait to see your new house on Sunday! I am all clear to go and have a blast what kind of wine should I bring? Any requests?
ooo and I have that pudding cake too!!