Monday, May 12, 2008

PIRATES!

Saturday I took the boys to see the musical/stage adaptation of "How I Became a Pirate". It's a really cute book and I just found out there is a sequel as well. Yay!

I for one, love live theater. So does my mom, so we took her to see the play, and then out to lunch at Portillos where Jack was the only 'bad' one and ate a burger. My mom and I were 'good' and had salads (no fatty dressing on mine, just a dab of oil and lots of vinegar), and Nate was sorta good because he ate his bun, no fatty burger for him!

Back to live theater-I'm hoping after watching their reactions to Diego in Omaha and now the Pirates this is something we can do more often. CYT (Christian Youth Theater) is pretty cheap, between $13-$18 per kid ticket, so we'll see how it goes.

Here they are, giving their best "Aaaaaaaarrrghs!"

Oma and the boys.

Me and the boys. It loks like I have them in some sort of death grip. Which I probably did.

Jack has been trying to take a lot of pics with my camera lately. This is his stage shot. He may have some raw talent!
The Pirate show was good. Except the guy who played the little boy tried so hard to be a little boy, that he almost was like, a little Special Ed. For a little while anyway, but then he kinda just was more like a kid...it's hard to explain. The boys loved it tho-even the singing and dancing, which I can hardly convince their father to like.

I really, really can't wait to 'culture' them more. Someday, I may get to see "Wicked" again!

No comments: