Monday, May 26, 2008

Because Everyone Should Spend The Holiday In the ER


Princess still has a fever, so I decided to stop being a shiteous mother and I took her in to the ER. I tried calling the Dr.'s office, but of course they are closed, and they were going to charge me $30 just to page the on call Dr. who would have sent me in to the hospital anyway. Bloodwork could find nothing wrong bacterially, so they think she has some funky virus and sent us home with a garbage can diagnosis and a fever of 101. They did pump in some fluids (she was a bit dehydrated), and give her tylenol (which didn't work).
She perked up a bit with fluids, but I'm keeping her home while John visits his parents for a cookout. We're having a quiet day, but she's sitting here next to me singing Mary J. Blige and U2's version of "One". She has a pretty good voice too.
The worst part of today is that she's lost weight. We're down to 21 lbs folks. Not so hot for a 2 year old, but what can I do? Maybe she'll just be a cute little pixie chick, with pink punky hair when she's a teenager and possessing the ability to wear any little outfit and look cute- even ripped jeans and chains and goth wear. Hmmm.....
If Sammy doesn't like the look, there's always those cute boys in Iowa! ;-p

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

I hope she feels better soon. She is such a pixie! Olivia doesn't drink milk either. She never has. I tried all of the types too. However, she does eat yogurt and cheese and all things dairy so it is easier for us. Get better sweet Pixie!

Keri Speidel said...

Ohh, I'm sorry she's sick. Hope she's feeling better. Got to love the ER visits and viruses that don't respond to drugs.

Enjoying some wine now!!!