Friday, May 16, 2008

Did She Have an "Oh Crap" Moment? I Doubt It!

Most people who have 4 kids at home may go "Uh Oh!" once they find out they're pregnant again. Most non celebs may faint, curse, or break some dishes when they find out they have 4 kids and are expecting twins. I know I would.

Why? Because while I love my children all days, and like them most days, this is hard. It is hard to be June Cleaver and the fun, funny, clever, physically fit mom all rolled into a tidy little package. Which leads me to wonder about Angelina Jolie. I can't help the things I think when I'm working out, so this was today's topic.

Do you think, with all those kids, when she found out she was having twins her reaction was what yours or mine would have been? Or, do you think that since she has someone to cook, clean, nanny, and probably change double the amount of crappy diapers in the middle of the night she was like, "Whatevah...Now we can go forward with our next adoptee crisis?" She seems hands on--when the bulbs are flashing. She seems content, and happy to be a mom, BUT, I think I'd be happy a lot more too if I wasn't chasing my 2 year old to keep him from peeing in the front yard. I'd be REALLY happy if I wasn't constantly cooking, and cleaning, and organizing school papers and graduation cakes and vaccinations, etc, etc, etc. You all know the drills of daily parenting and the multitude of dilemmas.

My next thought was, who thinks the twins were natural? She has enough money that they could be "on purpose". It'd be a great stunt, for publicity or whatever she wanted it to be. I don't have any answers, just speculations.

And, lastly, does a celebrity, like Angelina get to say, "Wow! Being a mommy is SO hard?" Because in my opinion, it's probably not as hard for her as another suburban mommy trying to balance healthy family meals with a healthy family budget, and just trying to make sure you're raising good socially responsible future Americans and humanitarians.

Thoughts?

No comments: