Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just Finished this Saturday....

All 350 + pages took about a week, and it was well worth every second I spent reading it. Those of you who know me know I love me some good historical fiction. This book explores the Italian Renassaince, the Medicis, the artists, and the reformation of the Church all in a very exciting read. There's a lot of religion in there -and those of you who know me know my religion issues (I believe in faith, not religion. Especially since some people wear their religion like a badge and aren't really good people inside or out). But, the religion is done in a historical sense.

The book is awesome. Made me really wonder why there are no women artists in the annals of history (Michelangelo? Donatelli? Leonardo Da Vinci?) I'm pretty sure women did not wake up in the 1960's during the ERA movement with a bunch of newborn talents, and I'm kinda angry at myself for not questioning it all before. How would history be different if women were more tolerated? Hmmm....

Good food for though, and for those of you who need a little love story and romance, well, that's all in there too.

Yummy!

No comments: