Sunday, May 25, 2008

Goings On...


Don't they look like they could be twins? I swear, if Nate didn't have a gigantor head, and weigh in at about 10 lbs heavier than Ms. Madders, people might think there's less than 13 months between them.


I've decided it's time to stop ignoring the obvious and I'm taking Nate in to an ENT Tuesday. He's going to see an audiologist to check for any hearing loss- he was a total ear infection kid, and then the ENT who did Madders frenulectomy will consult. I've also been on the horn with our local CFC (Child/family Connections) to get Nate a speech eval. It all came about when at the park Thursday he was just damn clumsy. It's typical for Nate, and how I have not been in the ER with multiple head wounds with him is beyond me.

Jen, who is a FABULOUS OT conferred with me my concerns at the park, and just told me to get him in for the evals. Not sure if his vestibular system is off, or his equilibrium, or if he needs articulation help, but we'll figure it out. It could also be that he's kinda on the lazy side, so we shall see. It could also be that I'm either a freak and over the top, or just a really shitty mom who's ignored this problem for too long. Sigh....

Madilynn is a little on the sick side. She spiked a fever last night while John and I were out for his birthday. It comes and goes depending on when her Motrin/Tylenol cocktail wears off, and she hasn't been eating for 2 days. Not good when you're a 22 lb 2 year old. WHICH, by the way!!! I think I've solved maybe a bit of her mystery.

She WILL NOT drink milk. Every mama knows...babies gots to have dem some whole cows milk for the fat and calories. My peanut won't touch it, and I THINK that since she's been drinking only water her 7 daily poops have been quite reduced. I think milk hurts her tum tum and I think she is smart enough to know it. I've tried soy (vanilla and chocolate) and she's not having it. I also tried enriched rice milk, uh, another no go. On a whim, I bought some Lactaid, which is lactose free whole milk, and about oh, 7 bucks per gallon. And she drinks it. And she likes it. So, I guess I suck up buying 4 different kinds of milk for a while... (Lactaid, Skim, 2%, and Soy for me). If I were a good mom, I'd go totally dairy free, but that is damn hard to do. She loves her pizza, but won't really touch cheese otherwise, so I'll just follow her lead on this one.

She's still pretty warm right now and tossing and turning in her sleep. We had a bbq at OT Jen's for my future son in law Sam's first birthday and since we were outside (and Jen said her kids got my kid sick anyway so bring her) she had fun for a little under 3 hours (they live less than 2 mi. away so we could make any necessary quick get aways.) I'm sure I'll be up with her tonight, but that's okay. She's a total snuggle bug!

As I mentioned before, we got a sitter last night and celebrated John's birthday. There's this really awesome restaurant near us called The Onion Pub that has awesome, fresh, non mall chain type food. Since I'm a total food snob, I LOVE it! After we got some grub, we hit a local bar (yay to IL for being all smoke free!) and watched the Cubbies and Women's softball on the big huge plasma screens. It was nice, but we didn't stay out long because I had to take the sitter home (who did a fabulous job by the way)!

My mom thought it was hilarious that we are 30 years young and in bed before 10. It's a good thing too, because Homer and Barney (the boys) were up around 4:15. And by up, I don't mean vegged watching tv. I mean up, running thru the house and shooting each other with guns and swinging light sabers at each other. Very annoying when you've been up with a mini oven fevering in your arms all night, but I still got my hour long cycle in today. Gotta keep up with the training!

I've been rambling. It helps to get it all out there and then I sleep very peacefully. Thank you David Gray for being my musical companion tonight....


No comments: