Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Fiber-licious!

One of my coworkers at the clinic has started a new high fiber diet. Supposedly, last week, she ate whatever she wanted and lost 4 lbs, all because she consumed 35 grams of fiber per day. So, I got to Jenny's on Monday to continue our 15 hour internet conference and obtain a mastery level of some skill still to be determined, when she hands me 5 sheets worth of high fiber foods.

To be sure, it is NOT easy to consume 35 grams of high fiber foods, unless you're eating raspberries, because a mere cup of them contains 8.34 grams. If you eat 1 cup of Bran Cereal, well, you'll be crapping redwoods with 19.94 grams of fiber, and the list goes on. 35 grams of fiber is a lot of fiber to begin with so bran cereal aside, if I follow this diet I probably will be crapping redwoods. Except, with Triathlon training, I think I'm supposed to up the ante on lean protein- I suppose I should consult the experts at Celebrity Fit Club. Hell, Tina Yothers lost 11 lbs in one week eating chicken and broccoli. It's gotta be worth a try....

For now, I guess I'll up my fiber, just for the sake of my cholesterol (which I'm sure is fine) and a high fiber diet IS heart healthy.

It's just too bad for the hemorroids I suppose.

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

crapping redwoods!! That's awesome!