Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Welcome to the Top 3%

I hate being sick. Even moreso, I hate having had to have been on antibiotics 3 x's in less than a year. I never complain and go to the Doctor, but with 3 kids, when your down, you're WAY down, and I am just not a good mother sick.

Apparently, last week I was struck with a sinus infection. Everything tasted metallic, and my joints ached. Absent was what I thought would be a tell tale sign of sinus issues, pressure in the sinus cavities. Anyway, I didn't eat for about 3 days, nothing tasted good, and it hurt my stomach anyway. Feverish, I finally went to the Doc, who put me on a Z-pack for the 2nd time in about a month and a half. Being that I'm allergic to Penicillin and I'm breastfeeding Maddie still, there wasn't much of a choice. He did say my liver was inflamed. That's awesome.

Now on to the Z-Pack which promptly caused stomach upset, diarrhea, etc. Only 3% of people taking it experience these problems, and for once in my life I have reached the upper echelon of a statistic.

I think I've lost about 8 lbs in a week and I still don't feel right. I'm so tired of feeling like crap, and I haven't been a very good mom at all. I'm so tired and worn out and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm sure this is the life of every mother, but with anemia on top of getting up every night with a teething baby I am truly exhausted.

On top of all this, my dentist wants me to have my wisdom teeth removed, and I have a consult on Friday. They are all thru the skin and useable, but they have cavities, and I can't get my mouth open far enough to get them fixed, so apparently the only solution is to get rid of them. This means another round of antibiotics and possibly other drugs, which depending on when the surgery winds up being I will have to refuse due to nursing. Everyone says I should get knocked out, but I don't want that either, because I HATE having to pump and dump. Every woman who has breastfed knows that this stuff is like liquid gold, and I can't stand the thought of it going down the sewers.

Not to mention in the least, John can't take off ANY time from work, as he's totally busy lately, and how the hell am I going to have oral surgery and take care of 3 kids? Since it was my dentist's idea, maybe I should have him find a babysitter and pay for it.

Oh the dilemmas of a stay at home mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're awesome.