Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Idiot

Conversation in the car on the way home from the library:

"Hey guys, how cool is this new Disney CD?"

"I like it mom".

"How about this song?"

(In a SCREAMING voice) "Turn on the other song. I liked it better. I don't like this one you IDIOT!"

Yes, my 3 year old (almost 4 but that doesn't make it any better) called me an idiot. You'd better believe he got a smack on the mouth (go ahead, call DCFS), time in the corner, was made to clean the family room, and has lost ALL t.v. privileges for the day. Oh, you'd better believe we also had a long talk about appropriate language and hurting people's feelings.

The sick part is part of me wanted to laugh in disbelief. My kid just called me a what? However, in order to learn a lesson about respect I couldn't let him in on that little amusement.

Still, he called me an IDIOT. What next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have two things here for you... #1. When your kid is right, hes right. #2 I wonder where he might have gotten that from. I know that in talking to you, you NEVER call anyone an idiot. Keep up the good work... MOY